Oh, the bad boy. Who doesn’t love a guy in black leather, with a wicked curve to his smile, and a gleam in his eye that says, “Come on, baby, let’s get into trouble.”?
I never knew I was the bad boy type…until I started writing them. Now I can’t get enough. What’s beautiful about bad boys is there is a wide range. From down and dirty to hard and gritty to the kind of bad boy I love to write the most: the sweet heat.
You know the type. The kind of guy who is a good family man at heart, but won’t hesitate to toss his woman over his knee. The man who is loyal to his friends, but still takes physical risks that put him in danger. From billionaires, to ex-military landscapers, to rock stars, I’ve written many, many bad boys. And I’m not stopping any time soon.
Here are my top five reasons women like you (and me!) love bad boys. I’ve also included a few of my bad boys as recommendations. Which one is for you?
- Bad Boys know who they are. They may be jerks, but they know they are and aren’t afraid to be that way. The key to any successful pairing with a bad boy is to find a heroine who challenges him. Bad boys don’t shy away from challenge. They take it on.
See: Fighting for Devlin
- Bad Boys are confident in the sack. Because they have had so much *ahem* experience in the bedroom, the woman who lands a bad boy is going to find he’s pretty darn good at what he does in there. He knows how to please her, and because of a stubborn streak a mile wide, he’s not going to stop until he does.
See: Bringing Home the Bad Boy
- Bad Boys are unpredictable. The girl of his dreams probably dated some schmoe before she dated him, and that guy likely ironed his socks. Meanwhile, her new bad boy beau is telling her to pack a bag because he has a surprise for her, and he’s not going to tell her what it is.
See: A Bad Boy for Christmas
- Bad Boys are loyal. He won’t abandon his true friends, or a family that’s done him right. While bad boys often run from what’s hurting them, they still have a network of friends they will never cut out of their lives.
See: Rescuing the Bad Boy
- Bad Boys love endlessly. Once you win a bad boy’s heart, he’s not going anywhere. He values the love of a good woman the way he values a shot of the best whiskey: through to his soul. Bag one of these boys and you’ll experience a lifetime of love and loyalty, and a healthy dose of toe-curling unpredictability.
See: Return of the Bad Boy